In a vid, you have the core features - What really matters:
- Demonstrate your expertise instantly!
- For who this material is
- What it does
- The results you can expect
A couple of things you need to mention as well:
- How you get it
- The format it is delivered in
About the video itself:
- The setting mu be ok as well and uplifing, good light, gook enough quality of image
- Perfect your appearance as well - Again, you don't need to go over the top
- Quality needs to be ok but no need for it to be exceptional - If you turn this vid into a commercial, it depersonalizes the message and it could be a turn off (I am not 100% sure about that part - I rely on the feed back I received so far and this feed back contradicts itself frequently)
- Music and editing - That goes in the same direction as what I said above
Key mistakes would be to focus too much on the features or the format rather than the benefits and the demonstration of expertise.
Another key mistake is to focus too much on high energy and not enough on the actual content. Positiveness is great but positiveness and energy alone don't sell as well as instant demonstration of expertise - IDE = Instant demonstration of expertise
There is still an open question:
How much editing or music background the vid REALLY need?
In fact, the answer might be none! Music can simply be a distraction... Not 100% sure yet!
I need a confirmation on that one!