- Friends calling you and wanting stuff from you which is totally non-work related.
- Getting distracted by what goes on online.
- Giving your attention to meaningless, irrelevant tasks.
- Getting lost in your inbox.
- Suddenly deciding that the wash needs to be done right now!
- Spending hours perfecting a layout where 5 min would have been enough!
- Having a heavy 1 hour lunch!
Distractions destroy your productivity.
You know where they are and you SEE them coming.
Here is your battle plan!
- When you enter your inbox, have your finger ready on the delete button - Get in! - Delete! - Send a quick reply to what needs one - Get out! - 5 min!
- Social calls? - 5 min max
- Focus on what matters most!
- Aim for good! Not perfect!
- If you work from home, No household!
- No distractions!
- Aim for 100% productivity!
This is it!
Distractions are a major source of failure and frustration especially for business owners or any one who is engaged in any form of professional activity!
It's a vast topic!
More on that coming in a sec!