Something has been a big question in mind almost since I started the site.
Here it goes:
of 100 visitors who access the site, probably 80% leave within seconds.
Sometimes, not even seconds.
In fact, stats show a 0 sec on site.
It means that they leave VERY FAST.
Now, this could of course be a response that many people have on any site.
I never took the time to make an in depth analysis of the this phenomena and I am pretty sure that probably 95% of sites out there face the same dilemma.
I want to know EXACTLY what is going on + if there is anything that can be done to tackle that.
- Looking for a VERY specific answer or piece of information - Don't see it straight away - leave
- Very fast and impatient surfing behavior - 80% of people behave like that no matter what
- Turned off by design (colors, arrangement, etc)
- Website not enough professional looking
- Confusing navigation
- Too wide topics and not enough targeted to what the visitor is looking for
- Content and presentation not appealing enough
Technical possible causes:
- The stats tracking system does not record properly the visit
- Visitors use an internet connection which is too slow for the content to load fast enough
All these questions are open and because many design choices are made every month, it is essential to know if something can be done about this.
I will now run some tests with surfing and looking for info and see how I respond to the sites I visit (including mine) - See EXACTLY what happens...