The first step is to make a quick assessment of where you are at:
- What does your dream job look like?
- What realistically can you expect?
- How competitive are you on the market place?
- Are the other areas in your life secured?
- How do you feel about your past professional experiences?
- What can you get in a new position that you are not getting right now?
- Do you need extra training?
- What steps did you already take?
- What key information do you still need?
- What are you deep reasons for shifting jobs?
At the end, what takes the decision is an emotional impulsion. To strengthen this emotional fuel, the best is to envision the future and to gather power to take steps.