This respesents around 45000 mp3 downloads/month which is very successful.
Now, shifting to a membership based system on the site means no longer offering these audios for free.
Is this the right thing to do?
How to navigate this?
- Probably around 50% at least of these downloads are via Itunes
- The rest are on the site.
- Probably only a small fraction maybe 5% access the audios via one of the blog channels
- Keep the way it is?
- Keep only 3 episode active on the podcast
- Keep only one episode active?
- No episode active at all?
- record new more promotional series directing to the site?
- All accesses on the site direct to a sales page - selling vital membership or selling a serie?
- if this transition is successful overall, this sytem could convert into an extra Euro 1000/month
- If the transition does not succeed, it would result in the loss of this audience with little or even less income - in the worst case, loss in sales related with blocking the flow. A not so satisfying result would be only 200 euros increase in sales / month